Decision making is a very critical task; it requires a lot of brainstorming to come to the decision. A good decision can change life and situation for us. It’s a very difficult situation to reach some decision when something is on a stake. “If we can change our thinking perspective it will help us to rectify the issue.
Ever wonder how can we make
If you are naturally optimistic, then chances are you don’t always consider potential downsides. If you have a cautious approach then you might miss the opportuni ties
Often, the best decisions come from changing the way that you think about problems and examining them from different viewpoints
Well, there is one process which can help you in making prominent decisions the technique is known as Six Hats Thinking. Well, it was introduced by Edward de Bono and published in his book by the same name in 1985.
What is Six Thinking Hats?
Not at all Hats going to think for us; well it’s a style of thinking which signify different color of hats. We can use these thinking styles in Board meetings or on a day to day work. This is a simple and effective process that leads to more productivity and energetic approach.
These are explained below:
- White Hat: Focus on data and available information
- Red Hat: This is more related to your intuition
- Black Hat: People who wear this hat are the one who thinks the other aspect of the issue. It might look they sound Negative thinkers but they try to see Why it might not work?
- Yellow Hat: This hat is just
oppositeof the black. The person wears this hatcarry an optimistic approach towards the issue
- Green Hat: It denotes
- Blue Hat: Person who carries this hat is used to be the person who is Process oriented
This thinking process always dialect us from our natural thinking style and allows us to look out from various viewpoints. This exercise help us to reach many concrete solutions.
Six thinking helps you to keep going even when everything looks gloomy and out of reach